Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday Trip


I injured myself AGAIN. I think its just part of being Atletang Pinoy as Sir June puts it. Last time I sprained my ankle while playing basketball. A big foot was suddenly catching mine while going down from catching a ball in midair. The last thing I know I was down in the ground, writhing in pain. Sunday I was happily jogging along when again suddenly a rock jutting out of my way tripped me. I can remember it in slow motion. I was just about to climb out of this canal when the end of my shoe kissed the rock. I tried to regain my balance but my other leg got rubbery on me, so I supported my whole body with my left arm but the inertia is still there pushing me forward making me tumble over, hitting my left knee on all the gravels. The result was bloody palms and scraped knee. I never expected it, that even my G-shock got shocked. The supposed to be scratch resistant glass, now had cracks on it. Good thing that the injury was in two places that’s why I got over the pain fast. It’s still a long way home but I was able to make it walking. It make me smile remembering what my friend Humprey say about people tripping. “Buti naituon ang nguso, kung hindi bangas ang tuhod.” ”Good thing he fell with his lips/face first or else hell get a scraped knee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment